Happy Friday Husky Families!
Here are your announcements:
1) Thanks to all of our students and staff who participated in Spirit Week! We will be tracking the classes active minutes for the whole month of June! So make sure you take some time to get out and get active this weekend and don’t forget to log your activity minutes on the Participaction App, on their website or on the Cambridge-Narrows Sports and Recreation Facebook page!
I would like to send a super huge thank-you to Ms. Harris, Kristina and the grade 10s who have more than stepped up to make this event special! They organized and printed t-shirts, ran activities, served breakfast and so much more! Thank you to Marcy for once again being the driving force behind Participaction this week!
We have decided to announce the winners for Spirit Week on Monday.
2) We’d ask that Pokemon Cards not be brought to school, as in accordance with our COVID operational plan. This is similar to bringing toys from home.
3) Congratulations to Ms. Levesque on her graduation from the UNB Master's program tomorrow. She has worked very hard to achieve this much deserved goal and we are very fortunate to have her with us again next year as Acting-VP.
4) Due to the increased adoption of alternative payment methods offered by the districts, KEV has decided to cease supporting payments using myWallet. Effective June 4th 2021, School Cash Online no longer supports adding funds into myWallet. The customers currently using myWallet accounts will be given until October 31, 2021, to use their remaining balances. After November 1, 2021, all customers with remaining balances will be refunded. We anticipate completing all refund activities before December 10, 2021. If you have questions about School Cash Online, please contact Sandra.
5) A reminder that it is very buggy and sunny out. Please feel free to send children with sunscreen and age-appropriate bug spray. Bug spray can be applied by students once outside. Please make sure that students are dressed appropriately for the weather and the upcoming heat (shorts, hats, etc.). We would also ask that students remember to bring their water bottles with them for when running around outside.
6) A big thank-you to the volunteer fire fighters that responded to our fire alarm today. We really appreciate your help. It's a good thing that we practiced yesterday!!!
7) June 10th is Student Appreciation Day. We have many things planned to help make this day special.
8) Grades K and 2 are visiting a local farm on Tuesday, June 15th. Information about this has been sent home.
9) There is a PSSC meeting on Wednesday, June 16th at 6:30 pm. Please contact Sandra with your email address if you would like to attend.
10) Grade 5 grad activities will take place on Friday, June 18th. We look forward to celebrating them as they transition to grade 6 upstairs.
11) K-5 are doing a McDonald's day on Monday, June 21st. Please look for information about this to be sent home next week.
12) Grade 8 graduation activities, as well as the 6/7 pizza party for the Poetry Challenge will be on Wednesday, June 23rd.
13) Grade 12 graduation is on Thursday, June 24th. More information regarding the community drive-through coming soon!
14) Next week is review week for 9-12 students. Demonstration of Learning week is June 14-18. Credit Recovery Week is June 21-25.
15) Friday, June 25th is our final day of school. All students will go home at noon.
Have a wonderful weekend!