Hello Husky Families!
We hope everyone had a restful and relaxing summer. We are looking forward to the new school year as it is quickly approaching. As it will be a different start to the school year, we are sending out some back to school information.
1) All students will return to school according to a staggered entry beginning on Tuesday, September 7th. Please check the post below or the Home & School Facebook page for more details regarding what day your child will start.
2) If you are not sure of bussing information please visit the Anglophone West School District's Transportation website or contact Sandra Jenkins in the office.
3) Parent drop off for students is between 8:00 and 8:15 am. Please be sure to use the designated drop-off and pick-up area. Smaller students should be escorted across the parking lot by a caregiver as traffic can often be busy.
The school day officially ends for K-2 at 2:10 pm from Monday to Thursday. There is no early bussing for K-2 students.
Grades 3-12 finish at 2:50 pm from Monday to Thursday.
On Friday, grades K-8 are dismissed at noon. There is early bussing on Friday.
Grades 9-12 are dismissed at noon the 4th Friday of every month.
4) All students are required to wear masks on busses and in common areas this year. Please send extra masks with your student as they tend to get dirty throughout the day. For more information regarding safety procedures related to Covid-19, please see the school website. Once again, caregivers will not be permitted to enter the school without an appointment. Caregivers are asked to wear a mask at all times when on school grounds. School volunteers and coaches this year must show proof of double vaccination. No spectators will be permitted inside the school.
5) Our school is pistachio free due to an airborne allergy. Currently, we have no students registered with an airborne peanut allergy. If your child does have an airborne peanut allergy, or any other food or environmental allergy, please be sure to contact the school tomorrow. All allergies need to be recorded for safety reasons. If no allergies exist, peanut butter will be permitted once again this year.
6) Home & School and PSSC are hosting a Student Fee Incentive Program this year. Student fees for K-12 students are $45, which includes all classroom supplies.
K-5 students are asked to bring a bookbag, a pair of sneakers that they can put on independently, a lunch bag, an emergency set of clothing and a water bottle.
Grade 6-12 students are asked to bring two 1 1/2 inch binders, a pair of sneakers, a water bottle and clothing for Phys Ed.
If student fees are paid prior to September 30th you will receive 10 entries into a draw for a Samsung tablet. If fees are paid prior to October 31, you will receive 1 entry. Please look for information coming home regarding what student fees are used for!
7) Staff information has been updated on the school website. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your child's homeroom teacher. A fun little staff introduction video will be posted to school website in the near future.
8) You can expect some information and consent forms to be sent home with your children next week. Please complete these and return them as quickly as possible.
Have a wonderful weekend and we cannot wait to see some of you on Tuesday!