Happy Friday Husky Families,
Here are your announcements for this week:
1) We apologize to any families that missed out on sibling photos the other day. Sibling photos will be finished on retake day (this date is to be determined). If you are interested in having sibling photos done on this day, please contact Sandra in the office.
2) Please return your picture orders to the school by October 27th. If you would like retakes you need to return your form to the school indicating this.
3) The health nurse will be at the school on October 20th. Students can see Sandra to book an appointment.
4) A reminder that students need to bring a water bottle to school each day as we do not have regular drinking fountains due to Covid.
5) The half day Friday for this month is Oct 22nd. Students are encouraged to dress in Black and Orange! On this day, 6-12 students will be taking part in a scarecrow contest. We are looking for some items to help with this. If you have old shirts, pants, boots, hats, or anything else that could be used to help create a scarecrow, please send it our way! We are also in search of hay or bags of leaves to be used for stuffing our creations. All scarecrows will be judged by our K-5 students.
6) Farm to School lunch on Monday is chicken ranch flatbread and a salad. We are getting our greens from local greenhouse Lavenhop right here in Cambridge-Narrows. Culinary lunch on Tuesday is a ham & cheese sandwich, cookie, and fruit. Both meals are available to order using School Cash Online.
7) Flyers should have now gone home to show parents our hot new school clothing, courtesy of SRC. School clothing can be purchased through School Cash Online.
8) SRC will be hosting Spookarama on Thursday, October 28th here at the school. The cost is $5, which can be paid using School Cash Online. Elementary students are invited to come from 6-7:30 and Secondary will come 7:30-8:30. There will be lots of fun filled Halloween stations to take part in within your class bubbles, as well as a haunted walk. Students are to be dropped off and picked up at the end. Don't forget to wear your costumes!
9) SRC would like to thank everyone that took part in their coffee fundraiser. They raised a total of $991, of which the school gets to keep $533!
10 ) A reminder to please send students with extra masks so they can be changed as they become dirty throughout the day.
11) We are gained quite a collection of clothing in our lost and found. A photo will be put on the school website. If you notice anything belonging to your child, please let Sandra know and we will send it back to you.
12) There will be a PSSC meeting on Tuesday, October 19th and a Home & School meeting on Wednesday, October 20th. Both will be held virtually at 6:00 pm. If you would like to attend a meeting, please call or email Sandra so that you can be added to the invitation.
13) Next week is Safe School's Week. Students will be participating in a number of safety drills during this time ( fire drill, hold and secure, lockdown, playground and bus evacuations). Due to Covid, we will not be completing a whole school evacuation to the Municipal Building, but the procedure will be reviewed by homeroom teachers.
14) There will be a Covid Immunization Clinic here at the school on October 21st.
15) The Cambridge-Narrows Grad Class of 2022 is excited to start fundraising for this year's grad events. The first fundraiser of the year will be a bottle drive this Saturday, October 16th from 9am to 1pm. Graduates will be collecting bottles throughout the community and dropping them off at the school for pick-up. If you would like to contribute to this fundraising event, please feel free to drop off bottles to the school during the 9-1 timeframe. We thank you in advance for your support and look forward to a wonderful year!
16) There will be a middle level soccer game on Monday at 5pm. It's a home game so we are playing right here at the school.
17) Don't forget about the Home and School bagel fundraiser. Money can be brought to the school until October 20th.
Have a wonderful weekend!