The School’s February Newsletter with important information and dates has been added to the school webpage. Please take the time to read through.
Family Fun Fit Challenge starts today so ensure your child has brought home their tracking sheet. Fill out activities that you and the family do for the month and return to the school to be entered into the draw at the end of the month. Thanks, Mr. Kelley, for organizing and keeping us all healthy and fit!
Although February is the shortest month it sometimes feels like the longest, so we have tried to come up with things for the school to do. Below are the various activities we have happening during the month.
1. February will be Kindness month.
2. Week of February 8th-12th: Valentine Grams to send to a friend $1.00.
3. Week of February 16th – 19th: Quarter Drive: Send in your Quarters. Toss a loonie into another class and cancel 4 of their quarters in the count. Winning class gets to send their teacher to the Beach (our lobby) for an hour on February 26th.
4. Monday Feb 22nd, Hat Day … your favorite or your most creative.
5. Tuesday Feb 23rd, Wear School Colors day – Blue and Gold (yellow)
6. Wednesday Feb 24th, PINK Day to show support for anti-bullying – Wear as much pink as you can. Also, Popcorn Sale: $2.00. Bag of popcorn tied with a pink ribbon.
7. Thursday Feb 25th, PJ Day. Roll out of bed and come to school in your PJs.
8. Friday Feb 26th, Beach Day. Come dressed for a day at the beach.
The money raised from our February fundraising project (Valentine Grams, Quarter Drive and Popcorn Sale) will be sent to UNICEF for the Coronavirus Children's Crisis Appeal. Our donation will help UNICEF deliver life-saving medicine, nutritious food, and vaccines. This is part of our goal as we try to become a designated UNESCO school. Thank you for your support!!
French Immersion Program online meeting for parents of students presently in Grade 5 English and Kindergarten classes. The online presentation will be on Wednesday Feb 3rd at 6:30, through teams. The presenters will talk about the Grade 1 Early Immersion program and the Grade 6 Late Immersion program. An email and hard copy with the information were sent to all students in those classes.
Staff Appreciation Week Covid Style: The Home and School will be celebrating staff appreciation the week of February 22nd to the 26th. Even with Covid restrictions, our marvelous Home and School is trying to come up with some sort of celebration. Email will be sent out later this month, so keep an eye out for it, to see how you can help them celebrate our Lakefield Staff!
NB Family Day: There will be No School on Monday Feb 15th to celebrate NB Family Day.
March Break is March 1st – March 5th – Enjoy!!!