Weekly Reminders from PAMS – week of May 22 , 2023
• Word of the week - This week’s word is : Staff room "NotƏlohkewey lamsikw" (Wolastoqey) , salon des enseignant(es) (French) .
• BBQ lunch fundraiser - TUESDAY the PAMS BBQ lunch fundraiser at Scott’s Independent from 11-1pm. Come support your school and have a 2 hot dogs and drink for $5. All proceeds will support school improvement initiatives and activities for students.
• Village of Southern Victoria community clean-up Day – PAMS will be participating in the community clean-up on FRIDAY, May 26th. Each class will choose a location and be supplied with gloves and bags. The students will practice good citizenship by collecting garbage for one period on Friday.
• BINGO – Our final family BINGO for this year will be held at Mah-Sos school from 6:30-7:30 on WEDNESDAY. This is a free event and refreshments will be sold. We hope to see many current and future PAMS students, families, and friends play BINGO on Wednesday.
• Medication - This is a reminder that when your child requires medication both prescription and over the counter medication, the school must have written permission with information about the dosage, time of day and name of medication. All medications must be supplied by the parent and be in their original bottle. Please feel free to contact Mrs. Merrithew at PAMS if you have any questions.
• Grade 8 Go Girls – On WEDNESDAY, the grade 8 girls will participate in activities at the River Valley Civic Centre from 9 – 2pm. They will be walking to and from the event. The students will need to dress for PE, bring a water bottle, snacks, and a bag lunch. This annual event is organized by the Western Valley Recreation Association and the Sport and Recreation Branch (GNB) . the purpose is to expose students to some of the sport, recreational, and cultural activities available to them within their home regions.
• Grade 8 transition activity – The grade 8’s will be going to SVHS on FRIDAY to see Frisbee Rob Home. They will leave PAMS at 8:30am and return at 10:45am. It is important for students to be at school on-time for this transition activity. https://frisbeerob.com/