Memo for Garden Creek Parents and Guardians
Good Morning, Creeker Families,
We trust that you had a beautiful long weekend, regardless of the weather outside.
Parent Survey 2019 Update – As a result of the parent survey conducted this spring, we received 167 responses. Among other comments, parents have made suggestions that they would like to be more frequently informed of their children’s individual progress other than at the regular reporting periods. They would also like more stretch learning for their children where warranted and to be more involved in the school through either volunteering or being invited into the school more often for celebrations and viewing of student achievements. Discussions have already gotten underway both through our PSSC and Core Leadership team of teachers and we will then bring this to our staff for considerations for this coming school year. Thank you to all who participated!
Professional Learning Updates –last Monday, teachers took part in professional learning through a presentation given by George Couros, a speaker on empowering learners and leading a culture of innovation and creativity. This was a motivating presentation and is in line with our school improvement plan in regard to teachers learning more about and implementing personalized learning at Garden Creek.
Garden Creek Online – if you would like to be more informed about great things happening at the Creek, you are encouraged to follow our twitter page – @Gardencreekers
Home and School Meeting postponed – this meeting is postponed to Wednesday May 29th at 6:30 pm
Volunteer Luncheon! This Wednesday is our volunteer luncheon. A huge thank you goes out to all who volunteered this past year in any capacity to support our Creeker learners. We look forward to celebrating our volunteers this week and continuing our work together in the years ahead.
Dates This Week
Grade 4 Provincial Assessments (Math, Reading and Science) throughout this week and next
- Tuesday - Grade 3 FIs to Scott’s Nursery / hot lunch ( pizza)
- Wednesday – Interest Groups today/ Garden Creek Volunteer Luncheon ( 12:30 pm) / Drama practice this afternoon until 3
- Thursday – Fluoride mouthrinse/ Garden Creek Grades 3-5 Track and Field ( A.M) / Ks to Scott’s Nursery / hot lunch
- Friday - Raindate for Track and Field / Kindergarten Lunch
- Saturday - Grade 5 Breakfast at George Street Middle 8:00 AM
Dates Coming Up
- Mon May 27 to Wed May 29th Grade 4/5 Slack to Snider Mountain
- Tues May 28 Ks to Mactaquac / PSSC meeting 6:30 pm
- Wed May 29 – Welcome to K afternoon for new Ks 2019! ( 2 to 3 pm) / Drama practice (afternoon)/ Home&School 6:30 pm
- Thurs May 30 – Last day for Chartwell’s hot lunch / Interest Groups 1 -2 pm
- Fri May 31 – Grade ¾ and 4R FI to Mactaquac/ K Lunch/ Movie Night at the Creek! How To Train Your Dragon 6:15 for 6:30 pm
- Mon June 3 – 4 D and 4/5S to Mactaquac
- Wed June 5 – Interest Groups / Drama practice in the afternoon
- Thurs June 6 – District Track and Field ( for grade 3-5 students who qualified)
- Fri June 7 – Worlds UNBound Science presentations at the school
- Mon June 10 – Raindate for District Track and Field
- Tues June 11 – Grade 5s to Greenhill Lake
- Wed June 12 – K- 2 Fun Day / Dress Rehearsal for Drama in the afternoon
- Thurs June 13 – 1C and 1A to Wilmont Park ( 10:30 – 1:00)
- Fri June 14 – Garden Creek Drama Performance of the Little Mermaid 10:45 AM ( students and staff) 6:00 pm Families
- Mon June 17 – KidSing Performance 1:00 pm
- Tues June 18 – School Picnic! ( 12:00 pm ) Details to come
- Wed June 19 – Kindergarten Celebration! ( details to come) / K-2 Fun Day Raindate
- Thurs June 20 Grade 5 Graduation ( details to come)
- Fri June 21 – LAST DAY!
Have a wonderful Creeker Week!
Garden Creek School
Garden Creek School
Once a Creeker, Always a Creeker!