Students will understand four literary theories for text analysis and begin to write their own short story this week.
- Students will learn about colonialism and colonial ideologies for Orange Shirt Day and because it provides context for post colonial literary theory.
- Students will listen to a reading of "The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven" by Sherman Alexie and analyze how the main character displays the concepts of double consciousness and unhomeliness.
- Students will revist Marxist literary theory and feminist literary theory and analyze a music video called "Tell Me (Hand to Mouth).
- Students will understand psychoanalytic literary theory and revist "I Stand Here Ironing" by Tillie Olsen
- Students will receive thier short story writting assignment and feedback from their short writing piece from last week.
- Students will understand the concept of "Writing What you Know" through case studies of local authors.
- Students will draft their story.
- Students will prepare for tomorrow's Lit Chat. Lit Chat and Independent Reading.docx
- Students will complete their Lit Chat and have time to draft their short story.