FAQ-Newcomers :All ItemsUse SHIFT+ENTER to open the menu (new window).Open MenuOpen Menu

We are newcomers to the Greater Fredericton Area.  Where do I register my child?

For children born outside of Canada or if the language spoken at home is not English, families are asked to make an appointment to register children for school at the Newcomer Support.  The Newcomer Support Centre (NSC) is located at 575 George St. (Regent St. Entrance) Fredericton ​

How do I begin the registration process?

Request a pre-registration form at iwcfredericton@nbed.nb.ca​

What documents are required to register my child for school?

The parent or legal guardian must be present to provide the following original documents:

  1. Student’s original Birth Certificate

  2. Proof of legal status in Canada (for both parents and child). For example:

·       Permanent Residence Card/Confirmation of Permanent Residence document and passport

·       Work Permit and passport – with parent(s)’ employment letter

·       Study Permit and passport – with parent(s)’ program admission letter that indicates the parent is a full-time student at a designated learning institution

·       Refugee Claimant Paper

·       Diplomatic Card and passport

For Canadian(s), please bring:

·       Passport and Citizenship Card and Birth Certificate

  1. Proof of Address (purchase or rental agreement or recent utility, cable, or telephone bill)
  2. Proof of Immunization (records since birth with certified English translation)
  3. Proof of Medicare (a receipt from Service New Brunswick that you have applied for Medicare also serves as proof) or medical insurance for the duration of studies
  4. Previous School Record (with certified English translation, if available)

Please bring these documents with you to your registration appointment and we will make copies for the student file(s). Any missing documents may delay the registration process.​