afternoon RMS Families!
we begin to prepare for a new school year many families are weaning off summer
days of a very relaxed schedule and setting new routines to start back to
school. As a staff, we would like to share some tips to set your
child/ren and family up for success. These tips are solely recommendations not
- Practice packing a lunch and snacks with your
child/ren. Get your child/ren into a routine of packing their own lunch.
- Ensure your child/ren always bring a reusable water
bottle to fill up at our water refill stations.
- Practice opening a three digit locker combination lock.
- Ensure your child/ren know their bus number to and from
- Ensure your child/ren know their phone number and the
phone numbers of important contacts. Ensure your child/ren knows their
address. If you are recent move to the area writing this information down
and putting it in a safe spot in their personal belongings will prove to
- Investing in a locker shelf is very helpful for
- Have all the supplies outlined on the grade
level/program specific supply lists (refer to our RMS website).
- Get into a good sleep routine.
- Create healthy eating habits.
- Ensure time for physical exercise.
- Encourage daily reading.
- Set up a workspace for your child/ren to complete
school work at home.
- Make conversations with your child/ren about their
learning and social life a habit.
- Check in with your child and their teachers to build
relationships and make connections.
- Allow your child to grow and gain independence by
holding them accountable.
- Encourage your child/ren to get involved.
- Set up a family calendar or encourage your child to use
a personal organizer/calendar to stay on top of things.
look forward to a great startup at RMS!