We have been busy this first month learning the Scientific Method and conducting various hands on experiments/labs in Science class.
Next week we will start our first unit; Electricity.These are some of the outcomeswe will cover;
- Static vs current electricity;
- Energy sources; solar, wind, coal, water, nuclear;
- Building simple & parallel circuits;
- How we consume/depend on electricity;
- What life would be like prior to the invention of electricity;
- Conductors & Insulators;
- Electric/Hybrid Vehicles and much more.
I encourage you to have discussions at home with your child on the outcomes mentionned above. Here are a few interesting websites that you can look visit with your child as well to re-enforce what we are learning in class: