This coming Saturday, October 27th, the Free the Children group is running a focused food drive and there will also be a stuff-a-bus campaign in support of the Feed the Lions program.
Food, monetary and gift card donations may be dropped off at LHHS, Saint Mary’s Supermarket, the Main Street Superstore or the Northside Giant Tiger where we will have tables set up from 10 am - 5pm.
Donations can also be dropped off at the main office of LHHS on any school day between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm.
Feed the Lions is dedicated to providing food and support to students in need.
Please see some photos under the multimedia slideshow.
Food Items Needed:
• Large boxes of healthy cereals (example - multigrain cheerios)
• Packages of individual cheese strings or cheese snacks
• Individual yogurts or yogurt tubes or yogurt drinks
• Packages of granola or cereal bars
• Fruit cups packed in water - example: peaches
• Canned fruit
• Cold cereal
• Canned tuna
• Canned meat
• Peanut butter
• Canned or dried beans
• Juice boxes
• Canned pasta sauce, vegetables or soup
*note: low sodium and whole grain options are preferred when possible
Other items needed to run the program:
• Paper plates and bowls
• Disposable cups
• Plastic cutlery - especially spoons and forks
• Brown paper lunch bags
• Large re-sealable storage bags for food
• Re-sealable Sandwich bags
• Plastic wrap for food products
• Aluminum foil
• Food storage containers - example: Ziploc - various sizes
• Non-scented personal care items - such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, deodorant, etc.
• Monetary donations and gift card donations for food supply stores