Monday, December 11, 2017
I hope you have a wonderful winter break with your family! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! This will be the last Weekly News until January 8, 2018!
What we are learning:
In Balanced Literacy we will continue to work on Literacy, which includes Read to Self, Work on Writing, and Word Work.
In Math, we will be working on an Addition and Subtraction Unit. Make sure to practice addition and subtraction math facts at home. Use Xtra Math to practice.
In Science, we are working on investigating questions – Why is snow white?
In Social Studies, we are learning where people live and work in New Brunswick. (Rural and Urban Communities).
Information Items/Dates to Remember:
· Grade 3 Skating – Wednesdays, December 13 and 20. Thank you to all parents who signed up to help with skating at 8:45 at the rink. Reminder - All students should wear mittens when skating.
· Emergency Contact Information – Please contact the school if we do not have your current emergency contact information. If you have a new phone number or email the school requires that information.
· Please listen to the radio in the mornings in the event school is ever cancelled as a result of winter weather.
· Last day for Cafeteria will be Friday, December 15.
· Social Studies Project to be completed for Wednesday, December 20.
· Last Day of School - Friday, December 22 will be an 11:00 am dismissal for students.
· First Day of School – Monday, January 8. Happy New Year!
· Each week, your child will be bringing home books at his/her independent reading level (good fit books). Please make time each night to allow your child to read these to you. An important component of strengthening your child’s reading skills is regular home reading practice. Make sure to focus on comprehension by having your child understanding what is being read.
· For some fun math practice at home with your child, play a math game and continue to practice addition and subtraction math facts.
As always if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call me at school, send a note in your child’s communication bag, or send me an email.
J Mr. Linder (506)453-5429 firstname.lastname@example.org