Monday, November 27, 2017
I hope you had a fun weekend and are ready for another wonderful week in grade 3! Thank you to all parents who attended Parent Teacher Interviews!
What we are learning:
In Balanced Literacy we will continue to work on Literacy, which includes Read to Self (good fit books), Work on Writing (Personal Narratives), and Word Work (new words sent home today).
In Math, we will be working on an Addition and Subtraction Unit. Make sure to practice addition and subtraction math facts at home.
In Science, we are working on investigating questions – What is the Moon made of?
In Social Studies, we are learning where people live and work in New Brunswick. (Rural and Urban Communities).
Information Items/Dates to Remember:
· Pizza Order forms need to be returned by Friday, December 1 (Cash only).
· Grade 3 Skating – Wednesdays, December 6, 13, 20. Thank you to all parents who signed up to help with skating.
· Wednesday, December 6 – GNMES Christmas Tree Lighting at 6:00 pm.
· Thursday, December 7 – K-2 Christmas Concert at 9:15 am.
· Friday, December 8 - K-2 Christmas Concert at 9:15 am.
· Please note if there are any changes to your child’s afterschool arrangements, the school must have a note from you. Thank you for your cooperation!
· Fridays at GNMES are School Color Days. Everyone is encouraged to wear green and or blue or GNMES clothing to promote school spirit.
· It is very important that you label your child’s jackets, sweaters, coats, shoes, backpack, etc… to help us get lost items of clothing to their rightful owners!
· Friday, December 22 will be a half day of school for students.
· Each week, your child will be bringing home books at his/her independent reading level (good fit books). Please make time each night to allow your child to read these to you. An important component of strengthening your child’s reading skills is regular home reading practice. Make sure to focus on comprehension by having your child understanding what is being read.
· For some fun math practice at home with your child, play a math game and continue to practice addition and subtraction math facts.
As always if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call me at school, send a note in your child’s communication bag, or send me an email.
J Mr. Linder (506)453-5429 firstname.lastname@example.org