Monday, June 5th, 2017
We are getting very excited about our quickly approaching field trip to Kingswood on Friday, June 16th from 9:00 – 11:30. A permission slip will be coming home with your child today. Please sign and return the permission slip as soon as possible, along with the $11.50 (if you have not already done so). Thank you!
What we are learning:
Literacy - review all of the “h” words which you will find listed at the back of the sight word book.
Math – review of all addition and subtraction strategies as well as counting activities.
You and Your World – we will continue to explore the characteristics, needs and differences among living things. Ask your child for a butterfly update!
Information Items/Dates to Remember:
· Our year-end, Grade One celebration for students will be a fun-filled trip to Kingswood on June 16th, (9:00- 11:30) for bowling and play-climber fun! To support this two-hour adventure, we will be asking for $11.50 per child. Please send in the fee as soon as you can. Please contact your child’s teacher if you have any questions.
· Popcorn is still being sold every Tuesday and Thursday for $2.00.
· Friday, June 23rd, will be an early dismissal.
· Practice all “h” words to be able to read them in a snap. As an added challenge, try spelling some of them!
· Read a good-fit book each night – retell the story.
· Practice your mental math ability by having your homework helper call out some facts (up to 20) and see how fast you can write down the answer. (Use the strategies we have learned in class: Friends of10, doubles, count on, count back, take away all etc…
· Please return any library books or classroom books that you have at home.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call me at school, send your child’s communication bag, or send an e-mail.
Mrs. Piers (506)453-5429 email@example.com