Monday, May 29th, 2017
We are getting so excited about our quickly approaching field trip to Kingswood Friday, June 16th from 9:00 – 11:30. If you haven’t already done so, can you please send in the money ($11.50) for our Kingswood adventure as soon as you can .
What we are learning:
Literacy - This week we will review all of our “t” words which you will find listed at the back of their sight word book. This week’s reading focus will be fluency! We want to make our reading smooth so that it sounds like talking. Choose a page from your good fit book each night and read it 3x , after you have read your book.
Math – We will continue to practice doubles to 20 and “Friends of Ten” as well as counting in a variety of ways up to 100.
You and Your World – we will continue to explore the characteristics, needs and differences among living things. Ask your child for a butterfly update!
Information Items/Dates to Remember:
· Our year-end, Grade One celebration for students will be a fun-filled trip to Kingswood on June 16th, (9:00- 11:30) for bowling and play-climber fun! To support this two-hour adventure, we will be asking for $11.50 per child. Please send in the fee as soon as you can. Please contact your child’s teacher if you have any questions.
· Popcorn is still being sold every Tuesday and Thursday for $2.00.
· Practice all “t” words to be able to read them in a snap. As an added challenge, try spelling some of them!
· Read your take home books – find a page after reading and practice reading it 3x!
· Practice your mental math ability by having your homework helper call out some facts (up to 20) and see how fast you can write down the answer. (Use the strategies we have learned in class: Friends of10, doubles, count on, count back, take away all etc…
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call me at school, send your child’s communication bag, or send an e-mail.
Mrs. Little (506)453-5429 email@example.com