Tuesday, April 11th, 2017
Thank you very much for taking the time to visit with your child’s teacher. We appreciate your dedication as we work together to support your child in meeting their learning goals.
What we are learning:
Literacy - This week we will review all 20 words on list 5 and we will continue to work on compound words. The reading strategy that we will focus on for the month of April is flipping the vowel sound: when you have read a word and you know it doesn’t sound right or make sense, think about the other sound that vowel in the word could make and flip the sound!
Math – We will continue to work on “Fact Families” this week. (Ex: 2+3=5, 3+2=5, 5-2=3, 5-3=2)
You and Your World – This month we will be discussing ways that we can all be earth helpers to care for our beautiful planet!
Information Items/Dates to Remember:
· Our Jump Rope for Heart fundraiser is underway. Money raised is due April 27th.
· Popcorn is still being sold every Tuesday and Thursday for $2.00. Flavour choices are: salt & butter, white cheddar, sweet & salty, dill pickle.
· Spring has sprung and we’ve got the puddles to prove it! To be proactive with impending water and mud adventures, we ask that you please send your child with extra socks, underwear, and pants to keep in their book bag. A pair of rubber boots and splash pants would be great too, for those wet days ahead!
· Try to pack litterless lunches for your child this month in celebration of Earth Day.
· No school on Friday, April 14th (Good Friday) and Monday, April 17th (Easter Monday)
· List 5 words and phrases – review all 20 words each night
· Read your take home books to your homework helper – what strategies are you using to figure out any tricky words?
· Bunny hop game (please find in your child’s backpack on Thursday) can be played to review key skills being taught at school
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call us at school, send a note in your child’s communication bag, or send an e-mail.
Happy Easter! Enjoy your family time!
Mrs. Piers (506)453-5429 firstname.lastname@example.org