Monday, March 20th, 2017
Happy first week of spring! See how many signs of spring you and your child can observe over the coming weeks!
What we are learning:
Literacy - This week we begin the second group of five words of List 5 (want, don’t, how, know, right). The reading strategy that we will focus on for the month of March is skipping the unknown word and reading on to the end of the sentence before going back to reread.
Math – We will continue to learn subtraction strategies to 3 (-0, -1, -2, -3).
You and Your World – March is Nutrition Month! Have your child help pack a healthy lunch and snack for school each day.
Information Items/Dates to Remember:
· Report cards go home on April 3rd. Parent teacher interview times and the book fair will also be held that week. Stay tuned for more details.
· There will be no school on Monday, April 10th due to parent teacher interviews and teacher professional development activities.
· List 5 words and phrases – review each night
· Practice counting with your “Cool Counting Cards”.
· For report card time, an important focus for assessment in math will be:
counting forward and backward from 50, counting by 2s to 20 and counting by 5s and 10s to 50.
Please practice these skills daily!
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call us at school, send a note in your child’s communication bag, or send an e-mail.
Mrs. Little (506)453-5429 email@example.com