Good afternoon, FMS families.
As we have just passed the one year anniversary of COVID-19 we thought it timely to share a few resources you may find helpful. Attached is an article which includes brain-based strategies to support our mental health. You may find one or two suggestions helpful for your child, or even yourself, during difficult times.
There are also resources in our community and province to access supports during times of difficulty:
- Call 2-1-1, “New Brunswickers can call 2-1-1 and trained staff will work to connect callers with services for both everyday needs and times of crisis. The service is now fully active, providing information and referral services 24 hours a day, everyday.”, taken from GNBwebsite when the service was launched in October 2020.
- After hours Mobile Crisis Unit for mental health crisis:
- 1-888-667-0444 (Fredericton and Upper River Valley), 2pm-10pm 7 days a week
- Chimo Helpline 1-800-667-5005 or in the Fredericton area call 450-HELP
- Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868 or visit their website www.kidshelpphone.ca
- PSST World, link is found on our FMS Website
We are in this together. Let’s stay connected with one another and reach out for support as needed.