Happy Friday Husky Families,
Here are your announcements for this week:
1) By now you should have received order forms for the Home & School Bagel Fundraiser. The bagels are delicious and will pair well with the coffee that you purchased from SRC! Please be sure that all order forms and money are returned to be school by October 20th.
2) Home & School will be restarting their 50/50 draws next week. Be on the lookout for the money jars at local business or you can pre-pay through e-transfer. If you have questions about the 50/50 draw, please visit the H&S Facebook page.
3) Don't forget that picture day is coming up on Wednesday, October 13th. We can't wait to see those smiles. With all of the mask wearing, we are starting to forget what you look like!
4) Kindergarten registration will take place next week. Please visit the ASD-W website to register.
5) Our second school-based Covid immunization clinic will be on October 21st.
6) There will be no school on Monday as it is Thanksgiving.
7) This months whole-school half day will be on Friday, October 22nd. We are excited for all students from K-12 to take part in Exploratory activities on this day.
8) Middle level soccer players have two games next week. One on Tuesday here at the school, and one on Friday at Harold Peterson. Both games are at 5pm.
9) The Cambridge-Narrows Grad Class of 2022 is excited to start fundraising for this year's grad events. The first fundraiser of the year will be a bottle drive next Saturday, October 16th from 9am to 1pm. Graduates will be collecting bottles throughout the community and dropping them off at the school for pick-up. If you would like to contribute to this fundraising event, please feel free to drop off bottles to the school during the 9-1 timeframe or call the school directly to arrange pick-up. Grads will be masked when picking up bottles to help ensure safety. We thank you in advance for your support and look forward to a wonderful year!
10) Don't forget that you still have a chance to get your name entered into the PSSC and H&S draw for a Samsung Tablet by paying your student fees. If there are financial concerns regarding student fees, please contact the office.
11) Please remind students to bring their water bottles to school with them. We are currently out of paper ones.
12) Don't forget that school lunches can be purchased using School Cash Online, and our Wednesday free lunch is up and running! This week we had some delicious spaghetti.
13) As the weather is getting colder, please ensure that students come prepared for outdoors (especially for morning recess - burrr).
14) Please ensure your child's clothing is labeled. We are starting to gather quite a collecting in the lost and found.
15) Students should bring some extra masks with them to school as they sometimes get gross throughout the day and need to be changed.
16) There will be a virtual PSSC meeting on Tuesday, October 19th at 6 pm and a virtual Home & School meeting on Wednesday, October 20th at 6 pm. If you would like to attend either meeting, please contact Sandra with your email address.
Have a wonderful long weekend!