Happy Friday Husky Families!
Can you believe that it's October already?
Here are your announcements for this week:
1) The next virtual PSSC meeting will be on October 19th at 6:00 pm. If you are interested in joining PSSC, please contact Mrs. Bruijns.
2) Home & School will host a virtual meeting on October 20th at 6:00 pm. New members are welcome!
3) Don't forget that there is still a chance to pay your student fees and get your name entered into the draw for a tablet courtesy of Home & School and PSSC.
4) Please join us in celebrating World Cerebral Palsy Day on October 6th. Don't forget to wear green!
5) Remember to thank a teacher on Tuesday as it is World Teacher's Day is on October 5th.
6) Picture day is on Wednesday, October 13th. We can't wait to see all of those smiles!
7) A reminder for students to please bring a water bottle to school. We have gone through a lot of paper cups as of late. Help us save some trees, and bring a water bottle!
8) Please be on the lookout for a form coming home with your student next week. Our yearbook committee is attempting to gauge the level of interest in purchasing a yearbook this year.
9) Please don't forget that we are a scent free environment. We have had an issues with students wearing and spraying scented products. We have a few people in the building that become very sick as a result of scents. We appreciate your help with this!
10) A notice to families that students should refrain from bringing toys to school due to Covid restrictions. If students require a fidget for concentration purposes, please encourage them to choose only one to bring. Fidgets have been becoming more of a distraction than a help in some classes. We appreciate your support.
11) There will be no school on Monday, October 11th for Thanksgiving.
12) Kindergarten Registration is running from October 12-15th. If you know of someone needing to register a student for Kindergarten next year, please have them visit the ASD-W website to register.
13) The immunization clinic for grades 7 and 9 that was scheduled for October 14th has been cancelled and will be rescheduled for a later date.
14) Our next Covid immunization clinic will be on October 21st here at the school.
15) Coffee orders were due today, however the deadline has been extended until Monday.
16) SRC is very excited to announce that school clothing will be up and running in the near future and available for purchase. More details to come!
17) In sports news, there will be a Middle Level soccer game next week. There will also be a Cross Country meet next week. If you have soccer questions, please reach out to Mr. Black. For questions related to Cross Country, please contact Mr. Gee.
18) Farm to School is serving a turkey dinner on Monday. Culinary lunch is starting next Tuesday. School Cash online is available for both lunches until Sunday at 6pm. Our Free Wednesday Lunch program starts on Wednesday. Don’t forget if you’d like to contribute to this program you can go to the Feed a Husky link on our website.
Thanks for another great week, Huskies! See you again on Monday.