Happy Friday Husky Families!
Here are your announcements for this week:
1) The grade 7 student immunization clinic for the second dose of the HPV vaccine has been canceled due to the current Public Health staffing impacts in the province. Please contact Public Health for more information about how to obtain the second vaccine.
2) As a school we would like to encourage students to bring healthy snacks and lunches to help fuel their bodies and minds while at school. We have been seeing a few issues arise involving pop and energy drinks, especially at the middle level. If you are struggling to provide healthier options for you student, please reach out and let us know. We would love to help!
3) Congratulations to all of the HS students that recently completed the ELPA. You worked very hard and should be very proud.
4) Elementary held their monthly Husky Howl today at school. Be sure to ask your student all about it! Many excited howls were heard through the school.
5) Way to go to the 6/7 class for coming in first place during our Poetry Month challenges. They did an amazing job competing against some much older students and have earned themselves a pizza party (date TBD).
6) There will be a MADD presentation on Monday, May 3 for grade 7 & 8 with information about the possible dangers of cannabis use. This will provide a great opportunity for you to discuss drug use with your child at home as well.
7) There is no school on Friday, May 7th as it is NBTA Council Day for staff.
8) Science East will be joining us to do some presentations for K-5 on May 11th. We are sure that this will be a very fun and exciting day for all students in K-5!
Have a wonderful weekend!