Happy Thursday Husky Families,
Here are your announcements for this week:
1) Senior Project is still collecting donations of gently used clothing to be upcycled into quilts, pillows, etc. Please send with your student or contact Ms. Harris at email@example.com to arrange delivery.
Senior Project is also working on a sustainable school garden. If anyone has PVC piping, soil, cow or horse manure, 2x4x8 boards, nails/screws or other building supplies that could be donated please contact Ms. Harris.
2) SRC will be highlighting student greatness so please let the school know if your student has done something noteworthy outside of school that we can add to our board (neat club, award, reading marathon, plays an instrument, sports, volunteering, etc). This includes a cool hobby, raising animals or anything else that they would like to share with us. Pictures and newspaper clippings are always welcome!
3) On Saturday, April 10th, from 11am to 3pm, the potential graduates from C-NCS will be doing a fundraising Bottle Drive. For this fundraising event, graduates will be collecting and bringing bottles/cans to the school, where (at the end of the drive) they will be loaded on to a truck and brought to the bottle depot. If you would like to contribute to this fundraising event, feel free to drop off your bottles/cans to the front of the school between 11am and 3pm or call the school and leave your address so that a grad may come and pick them up the day of the event. Our last bottle drive was a huge success; we thank the community in advance for their support 🙂.
4) There is no school tomorrow or Monday as it is the Easter long weekend.
5) Parents of K-8 students, please be sure to sign and return the last page of your student's report card. We encourage you to have your student complete the section on their goals for the remainder of the year.
6) Report cards for 9-12 students will go home on Monday, April 12th.
7) Parent teacher interviews will be on Tuesday, April 13th from 5:00-7:30 pm and Wednesday, April 14th from 1:00-3:00. Interviews can now be booked online by visiting our school website and clicking on the link provided. There will be an option for a virtual or a phone interview. If you do not have internet access please contact the office to be registered.
8) The practice session for the ELPA will be held for grade 9 students as well as the grade 11 and 12 students that need to re-write. Students must bring their electronic devices with them on this day as the assessment will be completed online this year.
We hope you all have a wonderful long weekend!