Happy Friday Husky Families,
We have a few announcements for you this week:
1) Senior Project and Art 9/10 will be focusing on environmental sustainability projects this semester. These classes will be discussing how everyday items can be repurposed instead of going to the landfill. Thank-you in advance for your support.
We are looking for donations of the following:
* Gently used knit wear, t-shirts and other clothing items that can be cut up and repurposed for new creations.
* Plastic grocery bags, bread bags, pita wrapper bags, etc. to weave into blankets. Only soft durable plastic bags will work, like those listed.
* Sewing notions such as thread, fabric, backing, etc.
* Potting soil and pots for planting herbs and vegetables indoors.
We also welcome any community members who would like to share their knowledge in gardening, sewing, quilting, sustainability, etc. Please contact Ms. Harris at 488-3500 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for delivery of items or to schedule a virtual visit. ITEMS CANNOT BE DROPPED OFF AT SCHOOL WITHOUT PREVIOUS ARRANGEMENT DUE TO COVID-19 PROTOCOLS.
2) A reminder to Elementary parents to check the ‘Elementary Authors in the Spotlight’ link in the Extracurricular Clubs tab on the school website. Twice monthly new student authors are spotlighted from each classroom.
3) Pink Shirt Day is coming up in February. If you would like a pink shirt, you can order them using School Cash Online, or by sending a completed order form to your child's teacher. Orders are due by February 6th.
4) As there have been a few questions from caregivers, a reminder that Monday is a regular day for all K-8 students. The PL day that was originally scheduled on this day was moved to the end of October.
5) Monday and Tuesday are "Turn Around" days for all 9-12 students. Second Semester begins on Wednesday, February 3rd.
6) Semester One report cards for 9-12 students will go home on Wednesday, February 3rd.
7) Middle Level Girls Basketball practice on Monday from 3:00-4:30 pm.
8) Middle Level Boys Basketball practice on Monday from 4:30-6:00 pm. There will be no supervision for boys basketball players to wait at the school for their practice at 4:30. Students will need to go home at the end of the day and then return to school for 4:30.
Thanks for another wonderful week, Huskies! We hope you have a restful weekend.