Memo for Garden Creek Parents and Guardians
Good afternoon Creeker Families,
We are into the last 2 months of school and going strong with beautiful weather as well. Please read below for reminders and new items as well as dates .
Music Festival – Congratulations to all our Creekers who performed in the Music Festival as well as our ‘in house” concert. We are fortunate to have such talented students!
Craft Fair – Way to go to our Home and School for organizing this event –we had approx. 30 booths filled with quality crafts and food items. A big thank you for the generous donations to support a family in need – your generosity brought in $675 for them and counting! The fair brought in $358 dollars from the rental of the tables. Looking forward to next year as this was a fantastic way to showcase talent in our community and provide a service to the public as well.
Volunteers Needed for the 3-5 Track and Field Day – Track and Field for grades 3-5 at the Creek will take place on Thursday, May 23rd . We need volunteers to help with these events. If you can lend a hand for the morning, please let us know by calling into the office or responding back to this email. Thank you for your support!
Minister’s Excellence in Education Nominations This is our time to celebrate outstanding educators at Garden Creek! Please consider completing a nomination form as per the email below if you feel there is an educator in our school who is deserving of such an award. Nominations are due by June 18th . Please see the attachments for your consideration.
Dates This Week
- Tues May 7 – Grade 5s to George Street Middle ( 9 – 11 AM)/ hot lunch ( bagels) / Spring Raffle draw!
- Wed May 8 – Interest Groups begin ( 10:45 – 11:45)
- Thurs May 9 – Fluoride Mouthrinse /Kindergarten on bus City Tour (9-10AM) / Specified students to Regional Heritage Fair at STU/ Chartwells Hot lunch
- Fri May 10 – Kindergarten Lunch
SUNDAY MAY 12 - HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!
- Mon May 13 – NBTA Branch Meetings and CUPE meetings – no school
- Thurs May 16 Kindergartens to the Library and Art Gallery/ Grade 4/5 Slack to visit the NB Science Fair
- Fri May 17 Grade 3FI to visit the New Brunswick Science Fair / Grade 1F and 2 C to Art Gallery ( 9:35 – 11:15)
- Mon May 20 – Victoria Day – no school
- Week of May 21 – Grade 4 Provincial Assessments (Math, Reading and Science)
- Tues May 21 Grade 3s to Scott’s Nursery / Home and School Meeting 6:30pm
- Wed May 22 – Garden Creek Volunteer Lunch!
- Thurs May 23 – Garden Creek Grades 3-5 Track and Field ( A.M) / Ks to Scott’s Nursery
- Fri May 24 Raindate for Track and Field
- Sat May 25 – Grade 5 Breakfast at George Street Middle
- Mon May 27 to Wed May 29th Grade 4/5 Slack to Snider Mountain
- Tues May 28 Ks to Mactaquac / PSSC meeting 6:30 pm
- Wed May 29 – Welcome to K afternoon for new Ks 2019! ( 2 to 3 pm)
- Thurs May 30 – Last day for Chartwell’s hot lunch
- Fri May 31 – Grade ¾ and 4 R FI to Mactaquac
Have a great week!
Garden Creek School
Tel. No.: (506) 453-5409
Fax No. : (506) 453-7144
“Once A Creeker, Always A Creeker!”
2019 Minister's Excellence in Education Awards Nomination Form.pdf
2019 Minister's Excellence in Education Poster.pdf