Monday, December 4, 2017
I hope you had a great weekend and are ready for another wonderful week in grade 3! Please contact me if you missed Parent Teacher Interviews and would like to meet for an interview.
What we are learning:
In Balanced Literacy we will continue to work on Literacy, which includes Read to Self (good fit books), Work on Writing (Personal Narratives), and Word Work.
In Math, we will be working on an Addition and Subtraction Unit. Make sure to practice addition and subtraction math facts at home.
In Science, we are working on investigating questions – Where does chocolate come from?
In Social Studies, we are learning where people live and work in New Brunswick. (Rural and Urban Communities).
Information Items/Dates to Remember:
· Grade 3 Skating – Wednesdays, December 6, 13, 20. Thank you to all parents who signed up to help with skating.
· Wednesday, December 6 – School Christmas Tree Lighting at 6:00 pm.
· Thursday, December 7 – K-2 Christmas Concert at 9:15 am.
· Friday, December 8 - K-2 Christmas Concert at 9:15 am.
· Please note if there are any changes to your child’s afterschool arrangements, the school must have a note from you. Thank you for your cooperation!
· Fridays at GNMES are School Color Days. Everyone is encouraged to wear green and or blue or GNMES clothing to promote school spirit.
· Social Studies Project to be completed for Wednesday, December 20.
· Friday, December 22 will be a half day of school for students.
· Each week, your child will be bringing home books at his/her independent reading level (good fit books). Please make time each night to allow your child to read these to you. An important component of strengthening your child’s reading skills is regular home reading practice. Make sure to focus on comprehension by having your child understanding what is being read.
· For some fun math practice at home with your child, play a math game and continue to practice addition and subtraction math facts.
As always if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call me at school, send a note in your child’s communication bag, or send me an email.
J Mr. Linder (506)453-5429 firstname.lastname@example.org