Kennebecasis Valley High School
Parent School Support Committee
Minutes January 24, 2005
Present: Betty Locke, Brian Fewwelling, Monique Caissie, Robert Munro, Dan Trecartin, Nancy Jones, Kelsey Dean, Charles Hache, Kelly Munkittrick, Nick Papadopoulos, Sandra Bartlett, Patty Donovan.
Regrets: Karyn Locke
Item: Tammy Oliver has resigned due to health issues.
Action: Betty to send Tammy a letter of thanks and get well from the committee.
Approval of Agenda as revised
Approval of Minutes- moved by Sandra, 2nd by Kelly that minutes of Dec 6, 2004 be approved as circulated. Carried.
Dress Code - staff and student input to be added
- Time line followed, all will take place after the March Break.
- Input will be sorted by Betty, Sandra and Nancy
- They will report back to the March meeting of our committee
- A discussion about educating the students about the dress code will be discussed at the next meeting of the committee.
Student Health Awareness- Monique to talk with Lillian, the Librarian about posters in the Library,
- Bob to talk to the new Nurse about circulating pamphlet
- Patty to research Pamphlet and compile list of contacts
Health Fair- For next meeting Patty is create a list of potential agencies/participants and contact names.
- Nick to bring in information from his work on health
- Most referred to February meeting.
- Spirituality was discussed. Dan is to pen something to show how the aspect of wellness can be incorporated into the fair.
- We need an evaluation from the students about the fair to see if we want to continue and make this a yearly event.
PSSC Budget- Bob to ask staff for suggestions.
Teacher Appreciation - Nick has offered to make breakfast for the teachers and will let us know what he needs.
- Dan, Sandra and Betty are available to work on this issue
- Betty and Sandra will telephone people to get food, etc donated for each of the days.
Student's- Exams coming up
-new play Joseph and his Technicolor Dream Coat
Principal's- dress code feedback mostly positive
- Chinese exchange students were here for 1 week and that went well.
Next meeting dates- February 7