The transportation services team strives to provide an efficient, economical and equitable service to all students eligible for bus transportation, at the same time recognizing the need to minimize indiscriminate use of the transportation system.
Anglophone East School District Transportation Department uses 120 school buses to cover the southeastern region of the Province. This encompasses a wide geographical region that allows for four sub boundaries: Petitcodiac-Havelock and Salisbury, Moncton-Riverview-Dieppe-Shediac, Hillsborough-Riverside-Alma, and Sackville-Dorchester-Port Elgin.
Stats and Figures
- 120 school buses
- 502 bus routes (220 AM / 282 PM)
- Approximately 3900 bus stops
- Annual Mileage: 2.3 million kilometers
- 89 permanent district school bus drivers
- 33 contracted (Coach Atlantic) school bus drivers
- 25 replacement drivers
- Bussing is provided for approximately 2200 co-curricular trips for 37 schools
- The annual budget including salaries, fuel and maintenance is approximately $6.4 million