Just a reminder to PRE-K parents/guardians, that the Parent/Guardian session for the Kick off to Kindergarten is on Thursday, October 25th at 3pm. It should last about 45 minutes. See you soon!
Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you to every single person who helped donate money, prizes, sponsered us, and whoever came out to support us and cheer us on at our ONE & DONE Spin-a-thon!!!!!! We are extremely, extremely excited to announce that we DID reach our goal, thanks to all of our students, parents/guardians, etc...Tons of prizes of been drawn, and we will be contacting winners very soon :)
For parents that have children entering Kindergarten in September, 2019, please register online (see below) and then bring the items listed (medicare, birth certificate, immunization record, and proof of address such as a bill) into the school this week so you can be updated about important and exciting PRE-K events that will take place this year! You will also be able to book your child's EYE-DA assessment which should be taking place in November. We look forward to meeting everyone!
The Kindergarten Kick Off for Parents will be held at the school on Thursday, October 25th at 3pm. This will provide parents and guardians with some information about your child's transition to Kindergarten, along with some suggestions of activities you can start implementing with your child. :)
To make things easier, all sponsors and prizes will be listed on this note, and will be updated as new ones are added, so please continue to check this note often! There will be prizes specifically for children, and there will be several prizes for adults who donated money to the fundraiser! We will be having a huge draw at the end of the fundraiser, and people will be contacted if they have won an item, so please make sure that names and phone numbers are written on the pledge forms!
A huge thank-you to the following sponsors: Sobey’s, Mike’s Bike Shop, Wild Cats, MacArthur’s Nursery, Lenny’s Take-out, Gisele’s Take-out, Kalia Hair Salon, Eagles Pool Supplies, Naturopath: Heather Drummond, the YMCA, My Gym, FYidoctors of Moncton, Moncton Wesleyan, & Streatch Wealth Management
- The TOP seller will win a BIKE from Mike’s Bike Shop (value of $300.00)!!!!
- The 2nd TOP seller will win a $100 gift card from Sky Zone!!!!
- The 3rd TOP seller will win a Wild Cats Flex Pack (4 tickets & waterbottles)
- The 4th TOP seller will win a $50 gift card to Empire Theatres
- The 5th TOP seller will win a $50 ITunes/App gift card
- The TOP selling CLASS will win a skating party!!
OTHER PRIZES (Your name will be entered into a draw to win any of the following, simply by donating to the fundraiser)
- A 3 month membership to the YMCA
- A DVD Home theater system
- One of 2 gift certificates to Lenny’s Take-out Restaurant
- A gift basket (filled with kid’s floaties and Sun Bum sunscreen etc) from Eagles Pool Supplies (value $160)
- Gift certificate to Gisele’s Take-out Restaurant
- Gift card to Amazon
- Gift card to Famous Peppers Restaurant
- Gift card to your choice of several restaurants (Swiss Chalet, Montana’s, etc...)
- Hair supplies from Kalia Hair Salon
- LED fun party light
- Triangle light up telephone
- One of 3 gift cards to Chapters
- Gift certificate for a service/assessment by Naturopath: Heather Drummond
- Movie gift card
- My Gym of Moncton: One prize of 2 free weeks of classes (value of $32.00), and another prize of 4 free weeks of classes plus a t shirt (value of $64.00)
- FYidoctors of Moncton: pair of children’s sunglasses and cleaning solution (value of $100.00)!
- Large (878 pieces) Harry Potter LEGO set (age 9-14)
- 1 of FIVE pre paid Visa cards!!!!
- Gift certificate for a Dairy Queen cake
- Icing decorating tube that comes with several different tip nozzles and cookie patterns
- Home Depot gift card
- Skateboard deck, grip tape, magazine
- Pepsi products (water bottle, hats, shirt)
- Wine Chiller
- Pizza pans (several sizes)
- Irving gas card
- Several other prizes such as frisbees, travel mugs, stationary sets, Christmas cards, candles, etc...
A HUGE thank-you to everyone that helped make our “80’s” themed Spin-a-thon such a fun event!!! The students and staff had a blast today and we think that we are extremely close to our goal!!!! We will continue to accept donations until Wednesday, October 10th and then we will announce the winners of the top prizes and we will draw names for all the other exciting prizes!!!! Thank-you again to everyone!!!!!!!!
Oct 5th is quickly approaching!!!! We hope to see many people at the Spin-a-thon, as it's not only a great cause, but you can see all the staff and students taking turns spinning on the Spark bikes for the entire 4 hours. Obviously, not everyone can attend, but you can still easily donate online at: https://district2.schoolcashonline.com
Help us make this our one and only fundraiser, so we can provide the best for our students! Thank-you!!!! :)
Our goal with this Spin-a-thon fundraiser is to raise $15,000 (donations can be provided from now until October 5th). IF we reach our goal of $15,000, we can purchase several important and necessary resources and school supplies for students. A few of these items include:
- Sports equipment (for sports teams and gym classes etc...)
- Referee fees
- Technology such as assistive technology to improve student learning
- Art supplies
- Additional supplies such as books and other school supplies that are consistently needed
- Guest speakers/presentations/plays
- Busing for events and field trips
- Community events such as skating, and the list goes on!
Most importantly, IF we reach our goal of $15,000, this will be the ONE and ONLY fundraiser held this year. Students will NOT be responsible for paying any additional fees throughout the year for any school events or field trips, and there will be absolutely no other fundraisers.
This will literally be the ONE and ONLY time that you, as a parent/guardian, will have to donate money to this important fundraiser to help improve your child’s learning experience! Please share this, and the video posted on the site, and let’s get those donations in so we can reach our goal!!!!! Thanks!!! :)
In an effort to reduce paper, you can now sign off on students' forms for the upcoming school year directly on the district's website. Many of the forms that we send home at the beginning of the year are now available to be completed online under the tab School Fees and Forms on the Anglophone East District Website.
We hope you all had a
wonderful summer!! School will start on Sept. 4th, Tuesday, except for
Kindergarten students. There will be NO school for Kindergarten students on
Tuesday, and all families have been informed of the day their child will attend
staggered entry that week.
Please ensure that you
make your school supply payments as soon as possible as it allows teachers to
purchase supplies earlier, which is important! You can come in the school to
pay, or you can pay online at http://web1.nbed.nb.ca/si…/ASD-E/Pages/SchoolCashOnline.aspx
SO much for your cooperation with everything! Also, another reminder that all
students K-8 will start school at 8:10am and be dismissed at 2:25pm this year.
See you all soon!
There is no school ONLY for current Kindergarten students this Friday, May 25th due to our Pre-K Event. All other students in Grades 1 through 8 will have school as usual.
In support of the Humboldt Hockey families, students are encouraged to wear a jersey to school on Thursday, April 12th. It is also a voluntary choice to send in a donation and all proceeds will be going to the Humboldt Hockey families.
It's that time of year! Our Spring Bookfair is ready to be browsed starting on Tuesday April 10th and Wednesday April 11th from 9AM to 2 PM. Thursday April 12th will run from 9 to 11:30 AM and again from 3 -6:30 PM.
Dear Parent /
SUBJECT: Reminder - Vaccination clinic for grade 7
The immunization clinic will be held at school on
April 10th for vaccine against:
On the day of the clinic, make sure your child:
If your child is
absent the day of the vaccination clinic, you can contact your local Public
Health office to make an appointment for another date.
Thank you for your
Good evening families,
this is Mme Bernard with some good news! Thanks to your support, we placed an order for 654 cakes...and now I can't wait to eat mine!
Next week is winter carnival week. K-5 students are asked to dress warmly as they will be participating in mini-Olympics events outside each morning. Students will be going skating on Thursday. Helmets are required to be on the ice. There is also a Carnival Dance for the Middle School Students on Thursday from 6-8 pm.
We also have theme days every day of the week.
Monday - Pyjama Day
Tuesday - Jersey Day
Wednesday - Pink shirt & Hat Day
Thursday - Blue & Gold Day
Friday - Plaid Day
Have a wonderful week and the cakes are coming soon!
The February Issue of our school newsletter is now posted under School News.
Thursday January 18th is a half day for students.
Proud members of the Student Council paid a visit to the Shediac Vestiaire today. They delivered 192 lbs of non-perishable food items and a monetary donation of 190.00$ collected during the Holiday Concert.
Thank you for your kindness.
evening Shediac Cape Families,
I am your
student council president, Lucas Knaze and I am your vice-president Quentin
Cherriere. In this time of giving we
encourage you to bring non-perishable food items or monetary donation to the
Holiday Concert. All the money and food donations will be given to our local
food bank to help families in our community.
for your kindness,
Lucas and Quentin