FAQ-Other/Miscellaneous Questions

Here are some other/miscellaneous frequently asked questions about school registration:

What fees are charged by the school?
Please refer to your child’s school website for information on school fees. 

Is transportation available for my child?
As per New Brunswick Education Act - Regulation 2001-51, the following students are eligible for school bus transportation:
  • for those public school students who live farther than 2.4 km from their zone school; and
  • for those public school students who live 1.5 km down a side road from the closest bus stop location.
Parents are responsible for the safety of their children to and from the school bus stop. Parents of children in K to grade 2 are required to escort their children to/from the bus stop morning and afternoon or to/from their home as walking students morning and afternoon. School bus routes and stops are subject to change according to the needs of operational requirements. Click here to check to see if your child is eligible for bussing.

What qualifications does my child need in order to graduate from High School in New Brunswick?
Students are required to fulfill the requirements set by the Department of Education for graduation. The High School Course Selection Guide has information on the High School Graduation requirements.

Where can I get information about school holidays?

How can I be involved in my child’s education?
Parents and local community members dedicate time, energy, and enthusiasm to school projects and they are the backbone of many special programs and initiatives. If you have even just a little bit of free time, why not become a school volunteer? There are many ways you can get involved. You can volunteer to work directly with students, or behind the scenes as a committee member or staff support. Here are just a few ideas of how you could get involved and support education in your community:
  • Coach sports
  • Support the breakfast program
  • Be a reading buddy
  • Become a mentor
  • Join the Home & School Association or Parent School Support Committee (PSSC)
  • Help at special events
  • Lead an after-school club

How do I start volunteering?
The safety of students is our number one priority. All adults including volunteers who work in our schools must have training in a provincial policy regarding the safety of children (Policy 701) and a police background check. To start volunteering, complete the following:
  • Read/Review  Policy 701
  • Complete the Policy 701  Validation Questionnaire
  • Fill out and print the  Volunteer Application Form and fax, mail or deliver it to the school of your choice. Alternatively you can complete this form online here​
  • Have a criminal records check completed with the vulnerable sector verification at your local RCMP station. There is a fee associated with this unless you have a letter from the school that you will be volunteering at.

If you have additional questions, please refer to the other sections of our Frequently Asked Questions or send us an email iwcmoncton@nbed.nb.ca